Anyone interested in school safety can join TAASRO. Joining TAASRO is the best way to connect with other School Resource Officers.
It is the mission of The Alabama Association of School Resource Officers to serve the students, faculties and communities within Alabama. The focus of the association will be to build a partnership between law enforcement, students, and faculty to provide a positive and safe learning environment. The challenge of the Alabama Association of School Resource Officers is to assist all SRO’s in accomplishing a common goal:
1. To ensure a safe and positive learning environment for all students, faculty and staff.
2. Becoming a professional resource to students, faculty, community and other law enforcement agencies.
3. Bringing all school based programs (D.A.R.E., G.R.E.A.T., and P.A.L.) together to work as a collaboration.
4. To create an informational forum of law enforcement for continuing educational development.
5. To provide an association that provides adequate personnel to ensure proactive, problem solving approach to school crisis.
To reach a goal, one must have objectives. These objectives include standards of training and networking.